The Character Summit students are sponsoring a Snack Food Drive for the month of February. All donations will be given to Brenden's Backpack, who provides bags of food to students in need across the Jefferson and St. Francois Counties.
This year we are collecting SNACKS * SNACKS * SNACKS! Brenden's Backpack volunteers try to put 3-4 snacks in every bag each week, so snacks are ALWAYS needed! We would ask that donations be "individually wrapped" and remain in their original packaging. Items will be counted based on the count listed on the package (i.e. 10 bags of chips in one box = 10 items donated). We are also collecting monetary donations. Checks may be made payable to Jefferson R-VII. Please turn in all donations to any of the district buildings.
We will be collecting donations the entire month of February. Please note that we have added an extra incentive that will benefit both students and staff should we reach our BIG GOAL!
Some key information:
- The food drive is sponsored by the Character Summit.
- $1 donated = 1 food item (please make checks payable to Jefferson R-VII)
- If you receive boxes of items, please keep the individually wrapped items in the boxes as we will count the number of items within each box.
- We are collecting the whole month of February.
- Should we reach the 16,000 items goal, the "no school" date will be announced once Mr. Johnston chooses that date.